[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings

mkf at schoenstatt.org mkf at schoenstatt.org
Mon Jun 20 09:33:43 CEST 2011

Dear friends, collaborators and brothers and sisters in the covenant:

Once again a happy and blessed Covenant Day from the Original Shrine,
1217 days -- and 39 18ths- from October 18, 2014, on a sunny and stormy
day here.May the Blessed Mother bestow her gracesfrom her Original
Shrine and from all the Shrines, wayside shrines and homeshrines of the
world over all our apostolic projects, all our initiatives to create a
world that is more humane, more just, more attached, more in
solidarity...a world more of God and more of man, a covenant culture
that can only be born from our hearts in covenant...that world that we
desire and that we are already building every time we sing and heartily
believe:

"We will be born again from the ashes

we will plant the flower where there is none.

And we will speak of love where there is hate.

And some day, some day we will move mountains...

We will build peace over war,

we will fill the house with joy.

We will call each man/woman brother/sister

then men/women

will be a family ...".

It is a joy to celebrate this 18th especially on a Saturday, because
this way we could celebrate the Mass "toward 2014" this morning in the
Original Shrine -- in covenant with Kuwait -- and at the same time as a
Covenant Mass. Soon you will be able to see it on the mediatech of
schoenstatt-tv!Father Heinrich Walter , President of the General
Presidency of Schoenstatt, was the celebrant (since Father José María
García was in Paraguay for the priestly ordination of Alfredo Pereira
and Pedro Miraballes).The Mass was attended by the volunteers from the
Pilgrims' Center and the girls, who are participating in "Time at
Schoenstatt, all of them from Latin America;they were charge of the songs.

Father Heinrich Walter stressed that these Masses "toward 2014" invite
us to grow, Saturday to Saturday, in an open spirit for the great
variety of our Schoenstatt, better said, in a true internationality,
that is not reduced to a few flags and a few words in another language,
but rather, it is characterized by openness, interest, and mutual
solidarity, to enrich each other mutually, for an openness of heart to
the life of the people with whom we walk together toward 2014.Today this
international spirit calls us to solidarity with Schoenstatt in Kuwait
--where, there are some Schoenstatters among the Christian minority of
immigrant workers, soldiers and students.... He added, this spirit of
internationality also calls us to pray in solidarity in the
celebrations, the great events and for all the concrete needs of our
brothers and sisters in the covenant, of which he mentioned:

·The interior and exterior preparation of the entire Schoenstatt Family
toward the jubilee of the Covenant of Love, in this year of the Father
Current,

·The priestly ordination of the Schoenstatt Fathers from Paraguay on
this June 18^th ,

·The blessing of the new wayside shrine in La Plata,

·The 10^th Anniversary of the Shrine of Madrid, Serrano Street, and the
crowning the Blessed Mother as Queen of peace of heart for the world in
Christ (June 19^th ) and for the preparation of World Youth Day in this
city,

·For the sending forth of a Pilgrim MTA to Mozambique, from Buenos Aires,

·For all those who will seal or renew their Covenant of Love today in
the Shrines and wayside shrines in the entire world,

·For the 40^th Anniversary of the priestly ordination of Father Egon
Zillekens (Federation of Priests), June 24^th ,

·And, especially, for all those, who sent their petitions for prayer to
the Original Shrine this week, via www.schoenstatt.org
<http://www.schoenstatt.org>,-- from Venezuela, Germany, Austria,
Argentina, United States and Portugal.

These petitions -- printed on several sheets -- were placed on the
altar, where they remained until the end of the Mass.Before the final
blessing theywere deposited as an offering in the jar of the Original
Shrine, while everyone prayed the Pilgrimage Prayer:"...Today we want to
fill the jars with our gifts, with our gratitude and repentance, with
our surrender and longing...."

And beginning now, at every Mass "toward 2014", we will pray for all the
petitions sent via:: http://www.schoenstatt.org/es/rezamos-juntos.htm.
(soon also available in English). In the future, this will be the way to
reach the Original Shrine...Someone will be in charge to taking these
petitions to the priest in charge of this Mass!You can also send
announcements for Schoenstatt celebrations and eventsfrom everywhere in
the world.If there are people in the Shrines or wayside shrine who also
want to join in prayer of international solidarity, you can ask for the
list of these petitions at: info at schoenstatt.org
<http://us.mc823.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=info@schoenstatt.org>

Along with these petitions, there was something else on the altar...a
blue pen drive with a star, this pen drive that contains all the
Christmas "stars", and now it also contains all your names and many
more.At the end of the month, I will leave this pen drive in the
Original Shrine, so that everyone will continue to always be present at
this place of grace...My Pilgrim MTA will also remain, which has already
been in the Original Shrine for several months, in the little 2014
corner.And as soon as the new international office of communications is
opened at the Covenant House, the Third International Auxiliary blessed
by Blessed John Paul II, which has presided over the press office for10
years, will await you there with open arms to welcome you!

Through this "Covenant Greeting" I want to extend my gratitude to each
and every one of you who have written to me after the "extra greeting".I
hope to answer everyone...but as of now, thank you very much for all and
every one of your expressions of affection, appreciation, support, and
commitment to continue to work, for your prayers and sacrifices!And
yes:all of you are in my "little book" and in my heart.For always.

This is not the last "Greeting".It will contine arriving although in a
different way. Now, after so many years of receiving the greetings from
the Original Shrine, strengthened by the network of Shrines,,,,
beginning on July 18th with the Shrine of Tucumán, we will share how we
experience our 18th from Shrine to Shrine, from wayside shrine to
wayside shrine, in each one of our places of grace.There are still 39
Covenant Greetings until October 18, 2014...who of you will gladden us
by sharing the other 38 Covenant Days from your Shrines or wayside
shrines?You can sign up withmonina at schoenstatt.org.
<mailto:monina at schoenstatt.org>
In August, we are invited to visit Lima, Peru, and in September, join
the celebration in Tuparenda, Paraguay... and the two shrines in Cordoba
also already await us...

In the Covenant of Love which binds us from country to country, from
heart to heart, I greet you with much affection and my prayers,

Sister Kornelia

Photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/schoenstatt.org/Jun182011
video  at: www.schoenstatt-tv.de <http://www.schoenstatt-tv.de>

Please note: the address pressoffice at schoenstatt.de is no longer valid,
and redirected to the new editor of the GERMAN website. News for the
international site only to: info at schoenstatt.org