[Kd1871-covenant-solidarity] Greetings from the schoenstatt.org Meeting in Madrid

Maria Fischer maria.fischer at schoenstatt.org
Fri Jan 30 10:58:59 CET 2015

/Dear correspondents, collaborators, friends of Schoenstatt.org/

Greetings in Covenant solidarity from Madrid, where eight members from
the "Dreamteam" of schoenstatt.org in Spain, Germany, Argentina, and
South Africa met: Fr. José María García, Fr. Egon Zillekens, Maria Paz
Leiva, MiguelÁngel Rubio, Juan Zaforas, and María Fischer were
physically present, while Sarah-Leah Pimentel and Claudia Echenique
participated via video conference, to plan the future of our
Schoenstatt.org, discerning the "vision, position and mission" that will
guide its content, design and unique profile as we enter Schoenstatt's
second century.

We were strongly united to each and every member of our Dreamteam, all
of whom were present in their prayers, their many valuable contributions
to the meeting, and their "normal" work of translating, correcting and
other tasks, so that we could dedicate ourselves entirely to this
important task from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon (Jan 23-25).It
was wonderful to pray for all the Dreamteam members at each of the daily
Holy Masses, as well as for all of you, our collaborators,
correspondents, friends, "sharers", story-tellers, and the readers who
visit our page.

As you can imagine, the character of the meeting was the working style
drawn from our covenant solidarity -- with trust, freedom,
responsibility, professionalism, prayer and joy, (almost) without
breaks, many sweets, coffee, jokes and laughter – all while tackling
also serious and important issues.

A great privilege and gift was the input on Saturday morning by Javier
Nieves, one of Spain's best-known radio journalists, who also belongs to
the Family Institute.

It is with great joy and gratitude that we were consciously able to
confirm that "Schoenstatt.org" is more than a website, it is a brand.We
found the "three stars" of Schoenstatt.org -- through a process of
looking at the fruits and dreams connected with Schoenstatt.org – in the
following words: "vision, position, mission."

*Vision and Mission*

*Through Fr. Kentenich's communication style (narrating real stories) we
serve the life of the International Schoenstatt Family and the Church by
promoting bonds of solidarity *

*- /covenant culture/*

*and offer this service as a witness*

*-/culture of encounter/*

*Position (our place within the Schoenstatt Family)*

*Schoenstatt.org is a communication project -- a free and independent
initiative that follows the style Fr. Joseph Kentenich cultivated from
the start with his MTA magazine.*

*From its beginnings, Schoenstatt.org has worked at the service of the
international life of the Schoenstatt Family and did and does not aim to
be the official organ of any organization or community.*

*This medium relies on a team of collaborators from five continents and
those who have roles of responsibility include Schoenstatt members,
experts, academics and professionals from the communications sector who,
in their personal capacity, evaluate both the content and its
communicational quality.*

Summarising everything in a sentence - as an ideal – as per the advice
of Javier Nieves, we arrived at (no surprise, but it took a while to get
there):

"Culture of encounter is a covenant culture that creates solidarity."

Pope Francis, Audience 25/10/2015

The work of finding these three stars that will guide us in our work and
commitment started on Friday afternoon by sharing our real and personal
histories with Schoenstatt.org, and in another round of sharing we
highlighted which article(s) touched, motivated and moved us the most.It
was impressive that the 130 solidarity houses in Paraguay came up as a
fruit of the Jubilee, an expression of our covenant solidarity with Pope
Francis.This experience was so beautiful - just as it would have been to
share the stories with and from Schoenstatt.org, not only among the 8 of
us, but with many others.And why can't we do this - especially now that
the value of telling real stories, the nucleus of Fr. Kentenich's
communicational style, is an intrinsic part of what we formulated as
being the mission of Schoenstatt.org.We invite each of you to share your
story of your experience with Schoenstatt.org and the article that
touched us the most.We also invite you to collaborate by sending your
real stories of life in the covenant, in the apostolate, in family life,
in your profession, in moments of joy and pain…

 From this experience, the study of key features in the Kentenich
communication style and the joint discovery of a real collection of
wealth, treasures and the fruits of Schoenstatt.org, we began to dream
with what could be…we know that Fr. Kentenich always encourages us to
dream big, with limiting ourselves (even before we start dreaming) to
the things that impact on our time, ability, funds, questions and other
obstacles.

Dream such as, for example:

·The solidarity houses and solidarity remaining present

·A free and joyful Schoenstatt

·Schoenstatt.org and the Pilgrim Mother (who opens doors and takes
Schoenstatt to the peripheries) Campaign

·"Life currents" that project the covenant

·Spreading Fr. K and his pedagogy to the Church and the world

·The "injured Schoenstatt" (going out onto the streets, encountering,
trying even if it fails) also has its space on Schoenstatt.org

·The Schoenstatt Family living its Covenant of Love in solidarity and
mercy.Asking for forgiveness, saying sorry giving thanks.

We also worked on the technical and structural aspects that will soon be
seen in the look of the website - that is, we'll soon have a more modern
design, driven by technology that will allow us greater flexibility to
display news, or rather, real stories.

Among ourselves, we go with joy and in solidarity to work so that --
through the Kentenich style of communication (narrating real stories) --
we will increasingly serve the life of the International Schoenstatt
Family and the Church, promoting bonds of solidarity - a covenant
culture - and offer this service as a testimony - culture of encounter.

In covenant solidarity

/Fr. José María, Fr. Egon, Maria, Claudia, Sarah-Leah, Juan, María Paz,
Miguel Ángel

See the article written for //sch.org/ <http://sch.org/>/by Juan Zaforas
on the
page!//http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/2319/53/Life-that-serves-life.htm/