[Kd1871-covenant-solidarity] Schoenstatt.org Needs your Help

Sarah-Leah Pimentel 111slpimentel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:07:06 CEST 2014

Dear friends of schoenstatt.org

As we draw closer to the very busy time coming up with the Jubilee
celebrations all over the world and looking forward to renewed life that
will spring up after the events in October, Schoenstatt.org thanks you for
all your support and service.  But now, more than ever we need help.  As it
is, many of the collaborators and editorial team is also tied up with the
preparations for October in their own local movements and everyone is
feeling very stretched.

I invite you to read the insert below and hope many will be able to offer
some help....

*Schoenstatt.org needs you!*

Schoenstatt.org is not just a news website.  Schoenstatt.org is not just a
repository of stories and events that take place each week wherever
Schoenstatt is present and active.  Schoenstatt.org not just a go-to site
for information about Schoenstatt.  Schoenstatt.org is about so much more.

Schoenstatt.org is the ongoing story of our life in the Covenant of Love.  This
website is a gift from all those who share their personal stories and
thoughts with the International Family.  It is a blessing for all those who
come onto Schoenstatt.org regularly, or those who happen upon it as they
search for the trace of God, the trace of faith in their lives.  But most
importantly, Schoenstatt.org is our common heritage.  It is a living
document of our life over the last 100 years and the history that will be
written in the next 100 years.

Therefore, Schoenstatt.org belongs to all of us.

Let me stress this again: Schoenstatt.org belongs to all of us.  It's not
the property of the site administrators, or the editorial team, or many
collaborators who regularly send through contributions.  It belongs to
you…those who read this website.  And it is the glue that unites us all as
the International Schoenstatt Family.

And this is why we need your help.  Every day, there are many collaborators
who send through articles, volunteers who translate them into the five
languages already on the website - German, Spanish, English, Portuguese and
Italian (and French is coming soon) - proof readers, people who upload the
articles onto the website, those who work on the design of the website and
maintain the pages.

This takes many hours and resources.  There is a wonderful team who already
volunteer several hours of their week to this service to the Family and we
send out a HUGE thank you for their selfless service.  But as the number of
stories arriving each day increases, this fantastic team is being stretched
to the limits of the available free time they have.

This is where you can help - even 1-2 hours a week will be a great help.  If
you can speak two of our Schoenstatt languages fluently, you could perhaps
volunteer to translate one or two items a week or help with proofreading.
If you have some knowledge of content management, you could help immensely
by helping to upload articles to the website, and we could always do with
the services of web designers who can help us to organize the information
on the page.  And of course, it takes money to have a website as large as
this, so even a small contribution would go a long way to pay for those
domain-related services that keep this website running.

Perhaps you might consider this as your personal Jubilee gift to the great
celebrations of 100 years Schoenstatt and become a part of documenting the
history of our next 100 years.

Schoenstatt.org needs you!

Your Covenant our Mission