[covenant-greetings] Blessed Covenant Day !!

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Tue Sep 18 23:20:58 CEST 2012

  Towards 2014

      September 2012 - Number 10

/"Joao Pozzobon called himself the little donkey of the Mother. Let's
raise the image of the MTA, her crown, and let us all together, as
Schoenstatt Family, with the pieces of his frame rebuild and renew in
2014 a Covenant of Love that is not just one more renewal but the
commitment to change the world with the mission and daring, generous
self-surrender. A new Schoenstatt for the Church! Now more than ever
Mother! Take us where you need us the most!  Show us the way.... and
away we go! Without borders, without backing down, offering us as
instruments, small life testimonies that achieve together to re-make
your frame.  A light! Towards the Church... and the world!"/
/Silvia Losada/

Editorial

As we prepare for the pilgrimage of our whole Schoenstatt Family in
2014, my mind keeps wandering back to the experiences of 1985 - Fr.
Kentenich's 100th Birthday. Shortly after the event a book was brought
out documenting  the preparation for and the celebration of this great
event. It carried the title: What a September.

Well what a September we have had. There was a taste of things to come
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1141/53/A-taste-of-things-to-come.htm>
in the European pilgrimage of the Pilgrim Mother Campaign. 3000 pilgrims
around the original Shrine, celebrating her and our missionary work - as
we prepare to enter the year of the Missionary stream. Schoenstatt.org
was filled with events where the preparation of the Jubilee become very
tangible and real - so real that you can book your trip now.

There is more to come. To help you with your preparation a new books has
been produced by Dr. Peter Wolf of the Institute of Diocesan Priests to
focus us on our Year of the Missionary Stream.

Many thanks to all those who contacted us after the last newsletter to
help out with social media - there are some interesting up and coming
initiatives to watch for. Today we would like to ask if anyone can *help
us with our translating *(especially from and into German, from and into
English). We have a great team of volunteers - but need to expand as we
move step by step on our pilgrim way toward 2014. If you can help -
please get in touch: fr.andrew at schoenstatt2014.org
<mailto:fr.andrew at schoenstatt2014.org>

Please circulate this mail and get as many people to subscribe - click
here <http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/mailing-list/>.

God Bless
Fr. Andrew Pastore

With every step we take on our pilgrim way

The year of the missionary stream is fast approaching and expectations
are growing.  This year we look forward to apostolic projects,
missionary initiatives and personal missionary steps  that will coincide
with the Universal Church`s Year of Faith at the service of the New
Evangelization  and will lead us further into the jubilee stream and a
growing awareness of the apostolate as the goal and reason of all that
we do as the Apostolic Schoenstatt Movement.

"How great that Joao Pozzobon 'offered' his Original Pilgrim Mother so
that*she *-- like the Schoenstatt Family -- may be renewed in the
original spirit for 2014 and become a part of the 2014
generation...."and be made our own as the 2014 generation -- not as a
relic in a museum, not as mere history, but on pilgrimage with and like
us. Is there any doubt that the Pilgrim Mother - along with the Unity
Cross - are the symbols of the missionary year and of the jubilee?" This
was one of the first comments after the incident on August 28 -- the
feast of St. Augustine -- when the Original Pilgrim Mother picture was
severely damaged in an accident during it's pilgrimage through Brazil.
Once again during this triennium the pilgrims on the way towards 2014
answered with maturity, faith and missionary fire to a challenge: in
Brazil and all over the world, the response to this historical moment is
a renewed and strengthened commitment to the mission and a deep, heroic
love for the Mother Thrice Admirable -- as a pilgrim among pilgrims and
a missionary among missionaries of the Covenant of Love.

The radiant, beautiful European Pilgrimage by the Pilgrim Mother
Campaign culminating in the crowning of the MTA as Queen of New
Evangelization, just a few days later, with some 3,000 pilgrims from 17
nations filling the Original Shrine and its surrounding, was a highlight
at the threshold of the missionary year, with Archbishop Fisichiella
pointing to the wider range of new evangelization as the Church`s great
goal, with "the Church's concern for the development of every person and
the whole person, especially of the poorest and most neglected,  at the
heart of her mission of evangelization", in the words of Benedict XVI in
a recent letter. At this historic moment for the Church our jubilee
takes on its fullest meaning. We are preparing to celebrate this jubilee
by serving the Church in its most radical calling, that is, to proclaim
the living Gospel -- Christ in his Church -- and to place it at the
service of the people of today.

We do so in an abundance of apostolic and missionary initiatives and
projects on the five strategic fields that have been observed and
defined by Conference 2014 -- a small sample of which are being
presented, so far, in the virtual tents of the Covenant Culture on our
international website Schoenstatt.org. After having celebrated more than
100 "towards 2014" Holy Masses every Saturday in covenant with countries
where Schoenstatt is present, from October, it is the projects` turn.
To the surprise and joy of many, just the projects that have already
been presented in the "virtual tents" are enough for a whole year... and
many more will come and even more will be presented in the Tents of the
Covenant Culture during the Jubilee in Schoenstatt in 2014. These
projects show what Schoenstatt does concretely and in real life --
motivated by the covenant and creating covenants -- for children,
families, parishes, prisoners, sick and suffering people, dioceses,
young people, handicapped people, workers, managers, teachers, students...

There are stories of heroes and stories of movers hidden in our
apostolic projects, stories that show trust and stories of giving..
There is a little flock of families and teachers in Germany who believe
in their mission to build a school where children are educated according
to Father Kentenich`s pedagogy, and they want this school to be a gift
for 2014 -- and despite a lack of money, political resistance, red tape
and last minute credit cancelling, the school was inaugurated on
September 9 and received its first 17 students on September 13, 2012.
There are some university students in Argentina who set out to repair
and decorate a sports club and other installations in a poor village in
an effort to create a community center and community spirit... Some
mothers in Argentina, Germany and Chile sponsor diocesan seminarians
with prayer, cake, birthday gifts and visits...  Several university
students in Spain made a movie to spread faith and values and various
young professionals in Argentina give educational and medical care to
the inhabitants of a forgotten village ... There are some families in
Austria who edit a magazine filled with examples of great family
experience that reach several thousand families all over Austria and
beyond...A group of Schoenstatt people in South Africa promote the feast
of Our Lady of the Assumption to emphasize Mary's role as the Patroness
of South Africa ...
At the core of these and so many other exciting projects are individual
apostles, individual missionaries, whose heart shrines are the power
house for everything they do and give. Let us return to accident of the
Original Pilgrim Mother -- the wooden frame was broken but the picture
remained intact.  The picture, the shrine, the project  -- this is the
"frame" that expresses the core element: the living Shrine with the
creative missionary force of the Covenant of Love that calls each one of
us to embody as the Temple of the Holy spirit and place of Mary`s work.
The Pilgrim Mother wants to go on pilgrimage in the pilgrims, in her
children, in living images of herself, living images of the church that
serves, as missionary, from heart to heart, from home to home, from
place to place, from working place to working place, from apostolic
project to apostolic project -- until the entire world is transformed
into a Tent of Covenant Culture.

With each step on our pilgrimage, this dream becomes increasingly truer.

Input

*Your Mission, Our Mission
-- Texts by Father Kentenich on mission and missionary spirit*

/Apostolic/ Schoenstatt Movement: this is more than just a word but a
program, and from the very beginning. When the /Conference 2014/ in 2009
discovered that the "missionary" element was one of the strongest
elements at work throughout the world in the life of the Schoenstatt
Movement, it gave rise to amazement and joy. When it was laid down that
the "Year of the Missionary Stream" would be the third year of the
triennium, no one guessed that our Holy Father would proclaim precisely
this period as a "Year of Faith" in the service of the new
evangelisation. Through its experience of faith, and motivated by its
joy in apostolic projects, Schoenstatt feels called and empowered to
missionary action, so that through the formative power of the covenant
of love Fr Kentenich's charism can be borne by practical actions into
our time. (From the Prologue)

The texts by Fr. Kentenich put together in this book show that the
Apostolic Schoenstatt Movement is apostolic by nature, and that
missionary spirit and acting is acting in the spirit and according to
the model of Father Kentenich and the founder generation. The people
seek a Church, a community of faith which shows with deeds how the seal
of the Gospel impregnates its world, its culture. The texts of the book
may motivate us to help them find this church in and through Schoenstatt.

    Available from September in:

      German

Price: 12,90 Euro
ISBN 978-3-935396-37-0
Schönstatt-Verlag
Publication: 1.10.2012
Vorbestellungen nehmen wir gerne entgegen.

Schönstatt-Verlag
Verlag -- Buchhandlung -- religiöse Kunst
Hillscheider Str. 1
56179 Vallendar
Tel.: 0261/6404-300
E-Mail: _schoenstatt-verlag at s-ms.org <mailto:schoenstatt-verlag at s-ms.org>___
Internet: _www.schoenstatt-verlag.de <http://www.schoenstatt-verlag.de/>_

Schoenstatt Verlag will also assist in making the other language
versions available in Schoenstatt.

      Spanish

Editorial Nueva Patris, Schoenstatt
José Manuel Infante 132 - Providencia - Santiago - Chile
Tel: (56) (2) 2351343 - Fax: (56) (2) 2358674 - _GERENCIA at PATRIS.CL
<mailto:GERENCIA at PATRIS.CL>_
_http://www.patris.cl_/
The book will also be made available as an e-book

      English

ISBN: 59438-019-8
Schoenstatt Editions USA.
Sister Jacinta at 262-522-4316 or srjacinta at schsrsmary.org
<mailto:srjacinta at schsrsmary.org>
W284N698 Cherry Lane, Waukesha, WI 53188
Price: $10

If you need assistance getting hold of the material - please contact us:
mission at schoenstatt2014.org <mailto:mission at schoenstatt2014.org>

If you know about any other translations being done and available as
book, e-book or pdf, please contact us mission at schoenstatt2014.org
<mailto:mission at schoenstatt2014.org>

What's

  * Year of the Missionary Stream
      o We are only one month away from the opening of the Year of the
        Missionary Stream. The opening will again take place during a
        vigil at the Original Shrine on the eve of 18 October. The
        entire International Schoenstatt Family around the world is
        invited to follow this vigil online via www.schoenstatt-tv.de
        <http://www.schoenstatt-tv.de>

*A strong signal at the threshold of the Year of the Missionary Current*
A few weeks before the opening of the Year of the Missionary current
highlighting the Pilgrim Mother and the Unity Cross as Schoenstatt's
missionary symbols, we received startling news as pilgrims on our way
towards 2014.
http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1131/163/A-strong-signal-at-the-threshold-of-the-Year-of-the-Missionary-Current.htm

*Missionary steps: Introducing the Pilgrim Mother*
It was nice reading the 2014 newsletter
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1115/163/Only-790-days-left-Newsletter-Toward-s2014-N-9-published.htm>
regarding the list of missionary steps. Well in Nigeria, Fr. Stanley has
taken two steps...
http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1134/163/Missionary-steps-Introducing-the-Pilgrim-Mother.htm

        Published by

*Fr. Andrew Pastore*
Schoenstatt International Communication Office 2014
Pater-Josef-Kentenich-Str.1
56179 Vallendar
Germany - Deutschland - Alemania

*E-Mail:* info at schoenstatt2014.org <mailto:info at schoenstatt2014.org>