[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings - June 18, 2012

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Mon Jun 18 20:02:13 CEST 2012

/Dear collaborators and friends of schoenstatt.org:/

//

We celebrate another 18th -851 days until October 18, 2014 -- united
from Shrine to Shrine, from country to country, from pc to pc.In a few
minutes the Mass will begin in the Original Shrine, transmitted live
thanks to Schoenstatt-TV.We can virtually participate, at this moment or
throughout the day, uniting ourselves from the places of our apostolate
with the source of grace, with the living center of this large network
of shrines that allows us to spread the graces of the Shrine to the ends
of the earth, to our work places, to every place where we live.In the
same way, we can participate in the life that is born from the strength
of the covenant of love in so many places thanks to our web page and the
efforts of so many, and we can allow ourselves to be inspired, enriched
and motivated by so much life, so much giving of self, so much faith and
so many deeds that show the Blessed Motherthat we truly love her and to
the world that we are at the service of each one of our brothers and
sisters, with the gifts we have received.

Last night, as I returned from Mass, I met a true pilgrimage of people
of all ages, with flags, songs, the same t-shirts and much anticipation
and joy on their faces -- everyone was walking toward a square where
they were going to watch the European Cup on a large screen.Their joy
was so contagious that it awakened the desire to go with them...When I
arrived at my house, I could hear shouts of joy from all the houses of
those who were in front of their televisión screen...And when the shout
"goal" was heard from so many open windows, those walking in the street
or who were in autos, spontaneously applauded...

This is what happens with our jubilee pilgrimage, this is what happens
every 18th, this is what will happen, on a large scale, on October 18,
2014.This is the strength of experiencing the same thing, from dfferent
places at the same time.But there is a difference between the magic of a
soccer game that is seen, suffered and celebrated by everyone at the
same time, and our 18th, our pilgrimage toward 2014.We not only sing and
celebrate united and attached in the squares (Shrines) or in front of
the screens.

We go out to play on the team.

It is not enough to play well, we have to make a goal, a reporter said
last night.In the same way,our goals are our apostolic projects, our
missionary initiatives.Last night another 2014 Bulletin was released.It
is full of this life and of these initiatives.

On our pilgrimage from Shrine to Shrine, on this 18th, it is the Shrine
of Kearsley, England that invites us with open doors -- thank you Father
David Musgrave!

Another Eighteenth of the month, another Covenant celebration, one of
the same of hundreds perhaps thousands and yet totally unique.

From our one and only Shrine in England and one of two in the British
Isles we send you warm Covenant greetings as we take yet another step
forward towards our Centenary.

Once the grimy industrial heartbeat of industrial Britain, Manchester in
the north west of England is experiencing a decades-long renaissance of
development and is quickly starting to rival London as the "place to be"
for national and internationals. And to think this was in part propelled
by a devastating IRA bombing in the City Centre in 1996.

Among the very many unusual features of the City of Manchester is a
church hidden away in the vey centre of what was once an industrial zone
of decay. This church is fondly referred to as the Hidden Gem and now is
faced by a small piazza and easily accessible from one of the major
squares of the City centre.

But it is not the only hidden gem of Greater Manchester. The present
Bishop of the diocese of Salford, which includes much of the City of
Manchester, has designated the Schoenstatt Shrine in the suburb of
Kearsley as a further Hidden Gem.

Somewhat hidden away off a busy suburban road, a short walk down a
drive-way that revels nothing until you turn the corner... and you are
confronted by a shrine in all its glory set on the brow of a hill amidst
lush fields and a vista that stretches for miles in all directions
showing villages and rolling countryside. Indeed a Hidden Gem.

And that is its great advantage: one has to discover it! And then be
totally bowled-over. It also has another advantage: that being 'hidden'
and safe enables it to remain open throughout the day for the
inquisitive, the pilgrim and the rank and file of the local Schoenstatt
members and parishioners.

But its location has one further major significance. Three of the local
Christian churches (Catholic, Methodist and Anglican) all within 500
metres of one another have comfortable formed an association referred to
as The Churches on the Mount; an ecumenical gesture and project that is
very active.

The Shrine at Kearsley and the small pastoral centre are frequently
visited by very many people on a daily basis who are not Catholic or
even associated with any faith but loved to enter the Shrine to sense
the presence of prayer and the loving Mother and Child gazing out upon them

The Kearsley Shrine's motto is "Your Shrine our Home"; it fulfils more
than ever was foreseen or expected.

In this Year of the Shrine we have taken the call of international
awareness to a new level. Paralleling every Saturday's Holy Mass in the
Original Shrine to identify with a different country, at our noonday
Mass in the shrine we place a small flag of the respective nation on the
altar to remind us in the coming week to pray for that country, its
people, the Church there and for Schoenstatt's Marian apostleship as
carried-out by the Pilgrim Mother. This week it is Taiwan. And then
Divine Providence came to the fore and 'arranged' for us to host a visit
of youngsters from mainland China. This means a further flag of China
needs to be added: that of the People Republic of China. These
youngsters of primary school age will be staying at our pastoral centre
for a week.

Sadly we posses no Schoenstatt literature in any one of the Chinese
languages be it in Mandarin, Cantonese or Hakka.

/Covenant Greetings, Fr. David Musgrave/

Happy 18th to everyone.Maria Elena is representing us today in the
Original Shrine. Original.**

United in the covenant, I greet you on behalf of the editing team of
schoenstatt.org-Carmen, Lissa, Juan, Maria Elena -- and Father Andrew,

*/Maria/***

Note: If someone is seeking a place to make a goal:we need (more)
translators..

--
www.schoenstatt.org
info at schoenstatt.org