[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Thu Jul 19 01:32:42 CEST 2012

Dear protagonists, readers and collaborators of schoenstatt.org:

We celebrate another 18th united from Shrine to Shrine, from country to
country, from pc to pc, 821 days until October 18, 2014
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/schoenstatt-news/2014-news.htm>.The live
transmission of the Mass has just concuded in the Original Shrine, our
source of grace and the center of the network of shrines, this
treasurehas once again offered another Bulletin 2014 to the entire
family; it was sent just a few hours ago, precisely in the this Year of
the Shrine current. (Although I suppose that all of you receive it I
will attach it just in case -- this way you can distribute it among
those who still do not have it
http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/mailing-list)

"It gives joy to father, mother and children to move into a home of
their own, even if it is plain and poor in comparison with the
magnificent quarters which they previously rented. The thought:

"This house belongs to us"

more than compensates for the loss of all other advantages.We too, may
experience such family joy today.This little Chapel belongs to our small
sodality family which is guided by our heavenly Mother.It belongs
completely to us and only us".

(Schoenstatt, The Founding Documents, 2., p.28)

The history of our Family begins with these words.These are Father
Kentenich's words of welcome to the sodalists in the talk that over
time, became the First Founding Document of Schoenstatt"."This is what
Father Ignacio Camacho wrote in a letter published in schoenstatt.org.
where he summarized:" It depends on us that the phrase: "This house
belongs to us" more than compensates for the loss of all other
advantages",becomes a reality.May God grant that no Schoenstatter remain
indifferent to this invitation that the Good God has extended to us.May
each one ask him/herself "What can I do for the Original Shrine?"Then he
refers to our web page of testimonies about the Shrine, and he says"*Now
I will share my favorite secret idea with you:May this page be filled
with thousands of testimonies from every corner of the world that speak
about what the Original Shrine means to us*...For me, Father Ignacio
Camacho, the Original Shrine is the source of everything that I
believe.It is the place where all the history, the structure and the
Shoenstatt pedagogy has its origin.It is the place where now, that I
live here, I can connect with all the people that I know throughout the
world.And it is the place where I can pray for them and share their
joys, difficulties, projects, and sorrows with the Blessed
Mother..."Could this not be our contribution as committed collaborators
and readers to fill this this page with personal testimonies?

*__*

This takes us directly to an event that none of us should miss:The first
missionary congress with the motto:Your Shrine our mission.With a very
simple as well as a brilliantl and provocative result:Schoenstatt does
not conduct missions.Schoenstatt IS Mission.

On our pilgrimage from Shrine to Shrine, this 18th Carmen Rogers, a
coordinator of the team of translators from English/Portuguese to
Spanish, invites us to a friend's Work Shrine.The doors are open and we
enter a Shrine that should not be missed in the large network of shrines:

**

This Covenant greeting should come from my Work Shrine...but it has
migrated again!

That is, it is in the same place, but it is no longer my work place.As a
victim of Facebook, I have had to give up my position to an expert of
social networks and make use of new freedom to enjoy a new time, always
beneath God the Father's provident gaze, who is present more than ever
in the visit of the Father Symbol to Chile and especially in my Shrine
of Providence

Since the commitment was to write from a Work Shrine, I am going "to
borrow" a testimony from a branch sister:

*"One day I opened the door, the Blessed Mother entered and began to
work wonders".*

That is how my friend, who wants to remain discretely anonymous, begins
her narrative.

She relates, "the blessing of my Work Srhine was in December of
1999.There was a beautiful tree at the entrance of the officeand on the
days before Christmas the personnel brought gifts that woud be taken to
the children at the Calvo Mackenna Hospital, but there was no manger.

I decided to buy one and I asked permission, but I was told that there
was no room for it, that it could be stolen from the entrance hall,
etc.etc.A few days before Christmas, I was informed that the company was
going to buy a manger, but it would not arrive on time and it would be
left for the next year.

However, two or three days before Christmas a client brought Alicia, who
works beside me, a beautiful manger as a gift.I borrowed the manger and
we placed it in front of our desk.During those days the children were on
vacation and they accompanied their parents.They approached it, they
knelt to pray and they gave the Child Jesus kisses.

The same year, on the night of Wednesday of Holy Week, I left a picture
of the Unity Cross at close to 90 desks, so that they would not forget
that it was Holy Week.On Easter Monday several people placed the picture
of the Unity Cross on the panel in front of their desks, beside the
picture of their family...

The night before the beginning of the Month of Mary I left a very
beautiful octagon picture of the Blessed Mother on the desks and several
people placed it over the telephone.

Christmass arrived and our operator sent us a Christmas card.

This year they had chosen one with a picture of the Blessed Mother!

We always place the Christmas cards in a very visible place.There are 30
of us serving the public and the Blessed Mother stood out on each desk,
and She was also on some phones and the Unity Cross was on the panel or
some other place.

One day a Sister of Mary came and she asked, "What happened here?"

Another time a priest arrived and he sat in front of desk that was not
mine, because he saw the Unity Cross.

...And there are a thousand more stories about the Blessed Mother's
delicate insistence of entering into all the lives through that little
door that I opened for her".

The company has grown, there are not 90 desks, but rather, there are
close to 300, located on different floors, and sometimes I feel tired,
but the Blessed Mother came to stay and She will continue to act and to
work wonders"

 From this Work Shrine open to the world, I want to invite everyone to
open doors, more doors.Doors to a world yearning for us to give them a
"Covenant culture" in this way, there will be a "Covenant culture".

/Carmen M. Rogers/

Perhaps some of you have already noticed:we have something new in the
category "news 2014beside "So simple" (processes of life of 2014) and
"Your covenant our MISSION" (Quote of the week ) that is called "
Missionary Gestures":at the door of the Year of the Missionary current,
we want to show how each small or simple missionary gesture changes
Scheonstatt and the world from the covenant.Please, help to seek and
publish testimonies of this kind -- and of course, distribute these
articles as well as the others, as well as those from the categories
"Projects" and Steps toward 2014".These are our missionary gestures, our
steps on the pilgrimage toward 2014, with gratitude and in commitment
with the Blessed Mother, Father and all those who walk with and for us
in covenant solidarity.

**

Happy18th to everyone, unitedon our pilgrimage toward 2014.

United in the covenant, I greet you, on behalf of the editorial team of
schoenstatt.org

Maria Fischer**

--

www.schoenstatt.org <http://www.schoenstatt.org/>