[covenant-greetings] Blessed Covenant Day

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Wed Jan 18 08:10:05 CET 2012

Dear friends and collaborators of schoenstatt.org,

Blessed Covenant Day!
Forwarding the beautiful gift of the official 204 newsletter - please
subscribe to stay touched!

  Towards 2014

      January 2012

Founding Document 18th October 1914

/Undoubtedly, we could not accomplish a greater apostolic deed nor leave
our successors a more precious //than to urge our Lady and Queen to
erect her throne here in a special way, to distribute her treasures, and
to work miracles of grace. You gather what I am aiming at: I would like
to make this place a place of pilgrimage, a place of grace for our house
and for the whole German province, and perhaps even further afield. All
those who come here to pray shall experience the glory of Mary and
confess: "It is good for us to be here. Here we will build our tents,
here our favorite place." A bold thought, nearly too bold for the
public, but not too bold for you. How often in world history have not
small and insignificant beginnings been the source of great and greatest
accom- plishments? Why could that not also hold true in our case?
Whoever knows the history of our sodality will have no trouble believing
that Divine Providence has something special in store for it./

Editorial

Dear Pilgrims
as our offices and communication team 2014 take shape in this Year of
the Shrine Current, so too do our possibilities to reach out to you and
share from the wealth of experiences being made on the journey toward
2014. Today we think of the part the Original Shrine plays on that path.

You are receiving the 2nd of our Towards2014 Newsletter. I thank
everyone for the feedback to our first outreach - both positive and
critical - and ask that you continue to keep in touch so we can make the
necessary adjustments to bring you the news and info we all need as a
family on the road to 2014. We are very aware of the regional
differences in language - we have a volunteer team of translators and
ask for your understanding.

Please feel free to pass this newsletter on and get as many people as
you can to subscribe through our website www.schoenstatt2014.org
<www.schoentatt2014.org/en>.

Will remember all of you in the visits to the Original Shrine.

Towards 2014
Fr. Andrew

With every step we take on our pilgrim way

There is only a few days left until we cross the 1000 day threshold (as
can be witnessed on the countdown clocks on some of our Schoenstatt
websites) on our international pilgrimage toward the jubilee of the
Covenant of Love, from the great moment of grace, October 18, 2014, in
the Original Shrine, in Rome, and ? as it is stated in the Message 2014
<http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/message-2014/>: in "? a world-wide
live link to the celebration held at our place of origin. In this way,
the current of graces radiating from the original shrine and the
extensive fruitfulness returning to the original Schoenstatt after 100
years will be fully expressed."

What we celebrate in 2014 is the Covenant of Love. The Covenant of Love
which has transformed this chapel into a place of grace which today we
call our "Original Shrine" ? showing that throughout the almost 100
years, from this beginning, hundreds and thousands of Shrines have
emerged which multiply this place of grace. Looking towards the jubilee,
we see the Original Shrine and the desire grows that it truly be ours.
We pray that with the renewal of our Covenant of Love at the beginning
of the second century in the history of the Schoenstatt Family, the MTA
will again symbolically take her place here.

Motivated by this hope, we were negotiating with the community of the
Pallottines. In spite of our belief that on the 1st January 2012 the
Shrine would have already been at our disposal, the negotiations
continue so that an agreement that is just and fair for everyone, as was
communicated by Father Heinrich Walter in his letter to the Schoenstatt
Family
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/uploads/news/2012/01/phw-ur-en.pdf>, is
reached. We will continue making our steps as pilgrims with everyone's
participation and active contribution in the Current of our Shrines. The
"steps of the pilgrimage" with which we approach the Original Shrine and
with which we bring the Original Shrine closer to us, are given by the
pilgrims themselves, just as we express it and pray, day after day and
in the many languages of our pilgrimage prayer: With every step we take
on our pilgrim way we ask you: Enkindle in us anew the fire of love for
you, for our father and for our family.

On January 6th, feast of the Magi, I received an email entitled: If I
were one of the Magi? how many things would I not give to the Mother of
the Lord and the Child in the manger?..! The Magi became pilgrims,
following the star, which led them to Bethlehem, leaving aside the
comfort of their palaces to begin a long and dangerous pilgrimage on the
way to humility and simplicity - a stable where a Child destined for the
salvation of humanity had been born. And thus they went to honor him
with their symbolic offerings of gold, incense and myrrh?.. We, as they,
are on pilgrimage toward humility and simplicity of a little chapel
(which is not even our own property) where we firmly believe that Christ
will be born anew to lead humanity to the Father?.. When we arrive at
the destination of our pilgrimage, the gifts in our hands are gold (our
apostolic projects) , incense ( the atmosphere which we create and with
which personally and as a community we prepare the pilgrimage and the
"encounter" with the Child and his Mother) , myrrh ( our efforts and
sacrifices which we prepare filled with confidence for the jar)?..Gifts
of a "covenant culture."

Amongst the many gifts are our webpages and the work with logistics -
from Team 2014 and the work teams - , but each pilgrim on this journey
is certainly preparing their gifts for October 18, 2014. On that day we
will leave ? with humility and an attitude of service ? all gifts at the
feet of the Lord and his Mother in order for us to kneel like the Magi
at the place of grace, our Bethlehem. When the world asks us how we
succeeded in gathering as a renewed and renewing Family around this
Original Shrine and then in Rome with the universal Church, we will
respond: With each step of our pilgrimage.

I send you blessings from the Shrine,

Father José María García

/Translation: Carlos Cantú, Schoenstatt Family Federation, La Feria,
Texas USA 01092012/

What's

  * Update on the original Shrine
      o Father Heinrich Walter, Superior General of the Institute of the
        Schoenstatt Fathers, in a letter dated January 6 ? the day of
        Epiphany in many regions of the world ? shares the latest news
        on the future of the Original Shrine. We publish the letter -
        simultaneously in five languages and on both of our websites,
        Schoenstatt.org <http://Schoenstatt.org> and schoenstatt2014.org
        <http://schoenstatt2014.org> - and ask you to share it with
        those who do not have access to the Internet.

      o Click Here
        <http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/original-shrine---new/>

To subscribe or unsubscribe from Kd1645-towards-2014 - Click Here
<http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/mailing-list/>

We Pray Together for Each Other, on the Way to 2014 - Click Here
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/let-s-pray-together.htm>

        Published by

*Fr. Andrew Pastore*
Schoenstatt International