[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings - special

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Tue Feb 21 09:40:35 CET 2012

**

      We continue our pilgrimage with the same attitude and the same
      goal - Letter by Fr. José María García
      <http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/870/53/We-continue-our-pilgrimage-with-the-same-attitude-and-the-same-goal.htm>

**

Dear Friends,
Filled with great gratitude for all the life and all the expectations
that have been generated around the jubilee of our international Family,
and at this moment when my contribution to our common pilgrimage has to
change, I want to turn to you all via our media -- our international
page and our Jubilee Newsletter.

You have received the news that I have to give up my responsibility as
leader of Team 2014 for health reasons. When I think back on the three
years since the Conference 2014, when our Family experienced a Cenacle
situation, I feel greatly enriched by the fact that at many places, in
communities and individuals, new life has broken through in the strength
of the "grace of 2014", and given a concrete form to the "steps along
our pilgrim way". I thank all of you from my heart -- my closest
collaborators as well as those people somewhere in the world who have
decided generously and enthusiastically to commit themselves to live the
current of life and grace of the covenant of love, which moves our
Family into its second century. There are countless genuine testimonies
of love in the covenant, for which we must thank. It is a love that
makes our faith in the loyalty of the MTA in the shrine both concrete
and effective, as well as our commitment to the Church and society,
which God the Father has entrusted to us. Thank you, because this
strengthened me each day and gave me the motivation for the work I was
able to do in our original Schoenstatt.

**

*I thank the Blessed Mother for her faithfulness to the covenant of
love. She relies on us despite our weaknesses, or even just because,
like her, we experience that we are small in the face of our mission.
That is the seal set on a work of God. Since we know and experience that
we never live at the heights of the mission entrusted to us, and never
will, we accept each day anew and consecrate to her what we have, what
we are able to do, what we do, and what remains to be done. She is the
one who brings about great things through her covenant partners. She
doesn't want any other covenant partners than us. She counts on us as
people and as a Family, just as we are, who join her in singing humbly:
"My spirit rejoices in God, my Saviour, for he has looked upon the
lowliness ... of his Schoenstatt. ... The Almighty has done great things
for me."*

*If there is one thing that has made a profound impression on me in the
time of grace of Conference 2014 and the triennium of preparation for
the jubilee, it is the fact that we have a mission. We don't need to
justify ourselves or hide our mission when we offer it to the Church and
the people of our times -- precisely in this attitude of the Magnificat.*

*I thank our Father and Founder, because love for him has awakened so
much life in his children, who thus pass on his priestly love for the
Church and world, and because his mission and his educational wisdom
become credible and effective in the selfless commitment and missionary
activity of his children.*

*In the covenant with many, and through the contribution of many, the
Blessed Mother has brought about great things in our Family in this time
of the triennium. She works, she tests and gives a covenant culture. For
the rest of our pilgrimage we have a secure and strong foundation. 2014
continues. In the strength of the currents of life in our international
Family I invite you to shape the spirituality of the covenant of love
with every step on our pilgrim way, in the way in which the Lord counts
on us.*

*I am now continuing my pilgrimage in a different way, but with the same
attitude and with the same goal. In this spirit and in deep union with
you all, you can count on my contribution, my prayers and my priestly
blessing.*

*God willing, we will meet again in October 2014 in Schoenstatt and Rome.*

//

/Fr. José María García /

http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/870/53/We-continue-our-pilgrimage-with-the-same-attitude-and-the-same-goal.htm
(also for comments and prayer&pilgrimage commitment)

Dear brothers and sisters,
I am very sorry about what is happening.  Evidently the devil is at
play, but the Blessed Mother is always triumphant.  Even so, we should
not remain idle, rather we must contribute our little grain of sand.  I
do not think it is necessary to speak of Father José María and all that
he signifies, on the personal level and in our concrete mission for the
web page.  His resignation cannot immobilize us.  The image of the
apostles after the death of Jesus comes to mind; they were completely
demoralized, downhearted, disconcerted. And what does the Gospel tell
us?  Mary was with them, presiding at their prayer.

  For this reason, I propose that we freely form a "circle of his
allies", as of now, around Father José María offering to pray one
rosary, one decade, or at least 3 Hail Marys.  We can never surpass the
Blessed Mother's generosity, and let us think that with each Hail Mary,
we are  "pulling on the Blessed Mother's mantle".  Let us pull until She
tires of us and She heals Father José María!!!  Obviously, you can
invite everyone who wants to join us,  the more the better.

Schoenstatt is a child of war.  Let us not be terrified, let us fight.

United in the struggle, hope, and with the certainty that the MTA will
be victorious,
Monina Crivelli
schoenstatt.org

--