[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings - [towards-2014] Newsletter Schönstatt 2014 - 09

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Fri Aug 17 23:38:01 CEST 2012

ear collaborators and correspondents of schoenstatt.org -

Blessed Covenant Greetings, at just 790 days from our great pilgrimage
to the Original Shrine and Rome,
to renew the Covenant of Love...

Greetings -  Maria

Newsletter Schönstatt 2014

  Towards 2014

      August 2012 - Number 09

"Schoenstatt does not just do missions, Schoenstatt is mission" from its
beginnings. But beyond the conclusions and definitions of the four
pillars, the core of the Missionary Congress was summed up very well in
the words of Nico Beltran of the JM de Córdoba: "I have had many
experiences of mission, ministries, retreats, conferences, camps ... But
never before have I had an experience where the Spirit of God so fully
manifest. Many people noticed the efficiency in the organization of the
Congress, nevertheless the most magnificent thing was to feel that
indeed the Mother truly wanted us assembled all together as Youth on the
pilgrimage towards 2014 and being on fire for the Mission. This
experience made me realize that Schoenstatt is not an Advisor, a
counselor, a Branch Leader, a Council, etc. Schoenstatt is Mary,
Schoenstatt is the Shrine."

/Father José María Iturrería, Argentina/

Editorial

Dear Pilgrims
Did you know on the 20th August - booking will begin for our
Pilgrimage... It has been a long journey to get to this point. But...
another step on our pilgrim way.

http://schoenstatt.iq-incoming.de

We move toward the year of missionary current and more and more projects
are becoming visible - our Pilgrimage article is full of examples that
you can also find on www.schoenstatt.org <http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/>.

On that journey I have been able to encounter power of the shrine and
covenant as an inspiration for many. I was with the English Schoenstatt
Family on our annual pilgrimage to Schoenstatt this year. We had mass in
the original Shrine on the 10th of August. One of the families brought a
medal for me to take to the Shrine. It was a medal there son had
received at the Covenant for the Youth of the World in 2005. He had
asked them to take the medal to the Original Shrine on that day. We
gathered with others who had been there on that night in 2005 and
renewed the covenant - The covenant lives... How will it be for us -
what will we carry away from the renewal of the Covenant on 18th October
2014.

As we get closer and closer to that moment of renewal it would be great
to share more and more examples of the power we all experience in the
Covenant. Please encourage people to subscribe and share the newsletter
- Click Here <http://www.schoenstatt2014.org/en/mailing-list/> - the
more the merrier...

We are looking for help to build up our social networks toward 2014...
Do you think you could help - let me know. fr.andrew at schoenstatt2014.org
<mailto:fr.andrew at schoenstatt2014.org>.

God Bless
*/Fr. Andrew Pastore/*
SICO 2014

With every step we take on our pilgrim way

Exactly one year ago, on the evening of August 17, hundreds of young
people crowded around the Shrine in Pozuelo, Madrid, for the Covenant
Celebration, a part of the official World Youth Day program. The Spanish
Schoenstatt Youth had prepared this festival in order to offer the youth
of the world the experience of the Covenant of Love with Mary ? their
very own experience. They shared it with joy and humility, with prayers
and songs, with adoration and a musical ?Mary on our way?, with the
Shrine and Father Kentenich, with youthful hearts and missionary
commitment.  ?We touched the essentials of Schoenstatt?, a member of the
Family Federation who helped in the background said. ?I suddenly
understood: Your Covenant ? our mission.? - A young man from Sicily who
had never before heard of Schoenstatt received a small picture of the
Pilgrim Mother that night, a gift given without words but with a big
smile by a young man from Brazil. Months later, this young man finally
found out how to get in contact with Schoenstatt and how to become a
missionary of the Pilgrim Mother and help many other young people share
what the Covenant with Mary means in their life?

David Akalazu from Nigeria, who knows Schoenstatt only through our
international Internet site, wrote a few days ago: ?I love the
Schoenstatt Movement since I read about the apostolate and the work of
the apostolic movement. I love it and I would want to be part of it?.

The anniversary of the missionary festival of the Schoenstatt Youth
during World Youth Day, the vibrant Youth Missions that have just ended
in several towns in Brazil, the International Missionary Congress of the
Schoenstatt Youth in Cordoba, Argentina,  and the International Meeting
of the Schoenstatt Boys Youth of Latin America that has taken for
themselves the title ?Missionary Generation 2014?, makes us swim in the
missionary current that grips the young generation of Schoenstatt and
not only them, the missionary current, essential to Schoenstatt from its
very beginning, since the sodalists shared MTA pictures and their
experience of Schoenstatt in the trenches of World War I. Schoenstatt
does not go on missions, the young people who gathered for the
Missionary Congress said, Schoenstatt IS Mission.

The International Pilgrimage prayer 2014 ends with the question: Which
missionary step can I take today?
  Fr. Jeremias Antonio  from Brazil hears about his appointment as
bishop during a pilgrimage with his diocese to the Shrine in Atibaia ?
and decides to be ordained bishop at this very shrine, in order to
entrust his service to the Blessed Mother, and bring some thousands of
people and a dozen of bishops there.
A woman  invites her family and friends to a Schoenstatt Center for the
celebration of an anniversary: ?I could share Schoenstatt and the
Covenant of Love just through the atmosphere, the Holy Mass, the
testimony.?
A nine year old boy from Goya, Argentina, takes part in a pilgrimage to
a Schoenstatt Shrine and talks about it on school radio.
A young woman from Argentina who has moved to Florida, USA, tries to get
Schoenstatt books in English to share Schoenstatt with some neighbors
and create ?a modest little Schoenstatt in my house?. Why: People are so
lost and need Mary?
A Schoenstatt Family from Germany placed a small Unity Cross above the
door of their appartment: ?Whenever we leave for work, for school, for
shopping or cycling, the cross reminds us to aks ourselves: Which
missionary step can I make today? When we come back and meet as a family
we tell each other and we are so excited??
Fr. Carlos Padilla from Spain is ready to give an interview for a
well-known Spanish radio station and talks 10 minutes on the Covenant of
Love, the apostolic fields and what the missions of the Schoenstatt
Youth and the Family Missions give to the local church? Some days later,
a Vatican Internet TV station records an interview on 2014 at the
Schoenstatt Fathers ?parish in Rome.
Carlos Eduardo Ferré from Argentina, Director of the John Paul II Center
of Studies of the Social Doctrine of the Church (and a Schoenstatt
member) publishes a book ?The Social Saint" - Father Kentenich's
thinking on and application of the Social Doctrine of the Church?, which
is presented far beyond the ecclesial setting - a second edition is
being printed only weeks after the launch.
Day by day, missionaries of the Pilgrim Mother bring her and her Son to
families, to in risk unborn babies, to couples longing for a child, to
visually impaired people, to hospitals, to prisons, to schools?
Emilio Falla, from Ecuador, a BMX participant of the Olympics in London
who reached the quarterfinals, took the Pilgrim Mother to the Olympics?
and many saw her there.

Some families in Southern Germany walked the extra mile to overcome
incredible financial and bureaucratic obstacles to open a private
primary school where children can be educated according to Father
Kentenich`s pedagogy. The school will be opened on 9th September with
two year groups ? and will be complete in 2014: This school, the
initiators say, is our Covenant Gift for the jubilee 2014.

This school is one of more than 50 apostolic projects presented in the
virtual tents of the Covenant Culture at Schoenstatt.org
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/schoenstatt-in-action.htm> ? and this is
only the beginning. Well-known projects like Maria Ayuda in Chile,
Mariya Arashafa in Burundi, the Nutrition Center in the Dominican
republic, or Dequeni in Paraguay ? at the service of the education of
poor and abandoned children and youth -, Youth and Family Missions,
Family Academies, Pedagogical Centres and schools with hundreds of
students tell the same story as do projects like ?Covenant Radio? in
Miami USA, the Pastoral for Divorced and Re-married couples in Paraguay,
or the ?Night of the Shrine? in Germany: Your Covenant ? our Mission.

Whether the smallest or largest missionary steps taken by individuals,
the apostolic projects in the five areas of apostolate discovered and
defined at Conference 2014: missionary steps and missionary spirit are
essential to Schoenstatt ? it attracts others and, as the already
mentioned Spanish Schoenstatt member says: You feel a hundred years
younger, as an individual and a Movement, with each missionary step on
our pilgrimage!

What's

  * Different Symbols
      o We count on different symbols of the growing bonds within the
        Schoenstatt Family on its pilgrimage way towards 2014: the logo,
        the pilgrimage prayer, the motto. The Central Team offers
        banners of varied sizes and antipendiums for the shrine altar
        with the jubilee logo on them. Cards with the Pilgrimage Prayer
        are available in German, Spanish, English, Italian, French,
        Czech and Kiswahili. These items can be acquired at the Covenant
        House and it is possible to sell them at the religious articles
        stores around the world. To order these objects you can send an
        e-mail with mailing information and the desired amount to
        info at schoenstatt2014.org <mailto:info at schoenstatt2014.org>. The
        items may also be picked up personally at the Covenant House.

*Stories from our Shrines*
When this campaign began, we never imagined we would find so many
sisters/brothers on fire for the mission. The comments related to the
previous articles about the Home shrine network have imparted a great
lesson: we are united in Father Kentenich's mission.
http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1110/163/Stories-from-our-Shrines.htm

*2014 is spreading in the media in Spain*
José Luis Restán, a journalist of the COPE chain, recently interviewed
Father Carlos Padilla from Spain. During the radio transmission within
the framework of the daily program ?Mirror of the Day,? a ten-minute
interview about the Schoenstatt jubilee was presented.
http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/1104/163/2014-is-spreading-in-the-media-in-Spain.htm

        Published by

*Fr. Andrew Pastore*
Schoenstatt International Communication Office 2014
Pater-Josef-Kentenich-Str.1
56179 Vallendar
Germany - Deutschland - Alemania

*E-Mail:* info at schoenstatt2014.org <mailto:info at schoenstatt2014.org>