[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings international

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Thu Oct 20 10:17:21 CEST 2011

Dear collaborators and friends of our International website

During the vigil of October 18^th
(http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/714/163/Opening-of-the-Year-of-the-Shrine-current.htm)
and two years from the great Jubilee of 2014, we began the Year of the
Shrine Current
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/k2014/triennium/shrine-current.htm>, in
covenant, in Schoenstatt, and in many celebrations around our Shrines,
wayside shrines, home- shrines, renewing our Covenant of Love.Throughout
this year and until we gather as a family to celebrate the Jubilee of
the Covenant of Love allowing ourselves to be sent as missionaries of
the covenant to the second century of Schoenstatt history, we pray:"
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/k2014/jubilee-prayer.htm>With great joy
we start out  on our pilgrimage to your shrine...
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/k2014/jubilee-prayer.htm>"
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/k2014/jubilee-prayer.htm> to your Shrine
as a place of encounter with God and of the New Evangelization.Today the
beloved "Covenant Greeting" comes (a bit late...) from two places of
this large network of Shrines:from the Shrine "Mary Road to Heaven" in
Monterrey, Mexico (thanks to our reporter and translator, Eduardo
Shelley), and from the wayside shrine in Goya, Argentina (thanks to our
reporter, Inés Petiti).

It also comes from the Original Shrine.Surely, many of you participated
in the Vigil live -- via Internet -- (or you can still do it
at:*http://www.schoenstatt-/EN/Mediathek.html?film=2011-056**)*. Gerti
Lehnen, our translator from Germany, was present, and she took all of us
to the Original Shrine, just as did Ana Aristi and María Inés Cutrone
from Argentina, faithful visitors and occasional reporters of our website.

*//*

clip_image001*/Monterrey, Mexico./*

/On the Hill of the Fallen, where the "Mary, the Road to Heaven" Shrine
was built, the evening was quite spectacular.The moderate weather with
just a touch of autumn was a magnificent preamble for the Covenant
Mass.This was a very special date, because in addition to the
anniversary of the Covenant that Father Kentenich founded with that
group of sodalists, today we formally begin the Year of the Shrine
Current that invites us to remain loyal to this source of graces that
our Mother abundantly bestows./

/The Gospel of Saint Luke, relates the story of the Annuniciation, the
figure of the Holy Virgin, who looks at us from the shrine and reminds
us of Mary's unconditional acceptance of God's will.In his homily,
Father Stefano mentioned the very difficult times that Germany and the
world experienced in 1914.Mexico and Monterrey in particular are
suffering a wave of violence and death that cry out for the re-founding
of society built with values of love, respect, and commitment./

//

/Today we unite to the Original Shrine as a part of this stream of
graces that emanates from the Original Shrine, and then returns to it
magnified through the daughter shrines, the Home-shrines, an
heart-shrines allover the world./

//

/A cordial greeting from Monterrey for our brothers in the Covenant, who
are a part of the wonderful team of Schoenstatt.org./

//

/Eduardo Shelley/

/
/

*/Goya, Argentina./*//

/My God, how many signs of love you have given on October 18^th !/

/From Goya, the Rosary Campaign, united in love at an event marking the
start of a dialogue from heart to heart between Father Kentenich and God
through his mother, opens the doors of our humble wayside shrine to
greet all the MTA's correspondents. /

clip_image003

/As a doting mother, she opens her shrine wide, so graces may flow to
all her children who come with faith and who go to seek their place in a
day so full of divine breakthrough ... to 97 years of Father's blessed
work with that handful of students, and again today to unite all the
children of the world again in asking for miracles of grace./

//

////

/Yes, Father, hand in hand as on that October 18, in this small place of
heaven in the Schoenstatt valley, all those, who today have come to the
Blessed Mother to renew their covenant, have felt in his or her heart
that "It is good to be here" and "let us build three tents here" on your
Father's heart along with the Mother of God.In Goya, the first lights of
an 18^th full of the aroma of the Covenant of Love found its children
surrounding their mother, returning to say: "Mother here we are, we are
the little donkeys who will help you carry the graces of the sanctuary
where you desire." Along with the dawn, twenty rosaries had become
living crowns of love. We felt that the holy doors of the Shrine, those
that were opened to receive Father and the first founding generation,
flooded the humble soil of Corrientes, home of the Pilgrim MTA in Goya,
with a heavenly aroma. Lord: how good to be here! Thanks for presenting
yourself in our humble chapel, real Eucharist for all./

/Blessed Mother, pour into our vessels the radiance of family spirit as
we travel on our way toward 2014, may each one be a rosary of living
pearls to unite everyone in the world in the Mother's Shrine!/

/Father Joseph Kentenich, thank you for giving us a family to walk
together in Covenant with you. Talk to your Mother, as you did with your
favorite idea... Pray for us that every Shrine, every chapel, every
wayside shrine, each of these places of encounter with God, where the
graces are offered that you implored, may accommodate all...; that all
those who come to the Schoenstatt shrines feels in their heart that the
Blessed Mother loves them, and be happy like the founding generation
that October 18. Happy Covenant of Love! Happy year of the Shrine!
Photos from Oct 18 in Goya
<https://picasaweb.google.com/schoenstatt.org/October19201118DeOctubreEnGoyaArgentina?authuser=0&feat=directlink>/

//

Father José María García sends his greetings to all of us, being
grateful for our strong commitment. In two interviews that we did with
him during these days, he spoke to us about the Year of the Shrine
Current, the Covenant Culture, and New Evangelization from our
experience of faith in Schoenstatt, and our contribution to the Year of
the Faith proclaimed on October 16 by the Holy Father, which coincides
with our year of the missionary current

__*Image of the New Evangelization
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/en/news/713/163/Image-of-the-New-Evangelization.htm>
-- Schoenstatt embraces the missionary Year of Faith (this one still
waiting for translation)*

Finally, we ask everyone to please send in their testimonies, stories,
and photos from the 18^th in your Shrines, wayside Shrines... to arm our
international website with a Covenant rainbow! Greetings and blessings
to you all this Covenant Day!

Monina

Celina M. Garza: Spanish/English translationMelissa Peña-Janknegt:
English edit