[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings

Kornelia Fischer sr.kornelia at schoenstatt.de
Wed Jan 19 08:40:11 CET 2011

Greetings from the Original Shrine, where the first 18th of this year
has concluded -- on this January 18, 2011, only 465 Covenant Days until
the great day of the Covenant:October 18, 2014.Just like every 18th this
one had its original charm, and just like every 18th it also has its
special blessing and grace.On our pilgrimage toward the great feast of
graces that is the Centennial of the Covenant of Love
<http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/en/k2014.htm>, we continue with a firm
step, knowing that throughout the world we are walking together, bonded
in the same love and commitment.Supported by the same graces, praying
the same pilgrimage prayer, inpsired by the same desire:to arrive to the
Original Shrine, so that there, in union with our Founding Father, we
will renew the Covenant of Love in its creative missionary strength
attached andinter-connected internationally.

This first year of intense preparation toward 2014 we live and celebrate
the Year of the Father Curren
<http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/en/k2014/triennium.htm>t. The currents of
life are not programs, or packages of study materials, or deeds, or
journeys.They are not a couple of intentions of a local Family or a
couple of desires.Currents carry forth, creating joy, a gleam in the
eyes, commitment or daring --one jumps into the water without thinking
twice...These last days the newspapers, not only in Germany, but rather,
those of many other countries are constantly reporting about the flood
and overflowing of rivers and arroyos in the area of Koblenz.They even
found cats on the main route to Vallendar!!Schoenstatt was not affected,
but these arroyos that usually run peacefully murmuring by our place of
grace had two or three times as much water as usual.The affect could be
heard --with a strong clamor -- and seen:with whirlpools and a strong
current that carried everything in its path.Is this a symbolic
anticipation of what we can expect during these years of the triennium?

A little more water will convert some small arroyos into strong
currents...A little more desire for Father is enough, a little more
affection for him, some testimonies, photos, attachments, statues,
corners, petitions and many spiritual sons and daughters more who will
make Father's charism and mission their own, so that what is an arroyo
today will be transformed into a river or a vast ocean...that will take
us to the ends of the world with the Schoenstatt message and graces, and
that will inspire us to go on pilgrimage with joy and a growing strength
toward the great covenant celebration!"We ask you with every step of our
pilgrimage:awaken in us again the fire of love for You, for the Family
and for Father
Kentenich."/<http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/es/schoenstatt-soy-yo/kentenich-vivo.htm>/

In spite of the cold and the typical darkness of a German January -- a
little of this fire could be felt today around the Original Shrine,
where, as is customary, the 18th begins with Mass in the Original Shrine
(the video was already uploaded to www.schoenstatt-tv.de
<http://www.schoenstatt-tv.de>). Yesterday four girls from Puerto Montt,
Chile arrived; they are from the same group of life of the Girls' Youth
that is Germany as exchange students and they wanted to spend the 18th
at Schoenstatt!For the youth that is here for "Time in Schoenstatt" it
was also their first 18th around the Original Shrine.They introduced
themselves with the song --"Mary of the Covenant" -- for the renewal of
the Covenant.What a surprise when they realized that half of those
present sang with them!

Like every 18th, the Covenant Mass was celebrated at 7:30 p.m. in the
Pilgrims' Church; it was con-celebrated by the General Council of the
Institute of Diocesan Priests and all the Priests from the Province of
Sion, and the songs were accompanied by Sister Tabea playing the
organ.It was truly a festive moment!Father Elmar Busse presented Father
Kentenich at the moment of his great decisión of the 20th of January,
giving his all for his Family and for his mission encouraging us to
follow him in the decisions that compete with our mission, our
commitment, our covenant life in the present time.

In spite of the drizzle, everyone went to the Original Shrine, where we
prayed the Pilgrimage Prayer 2014, and we united ourselves to everyone
in the Shrines, wayside shrine homeshrines, and we implored for everyone
who has entrusted themselves to our prayers in the Original Shrine, and
we renewed the Covenant of Love.

When I returned from the renewal of the Covenant, I found the following
email that was like a gift on this 18th for all of you, who in one way
or another support  theinternational web page (soon will be called
schoenstatt.org), so I want to share it with you (with permission of the
author):

/It is pleasure to greet you.I belonged to the Schoenstatt Girls' Youth
here in my country, but for different reasons I could not continue.I
still have not strayed from what I learned there:God, the Blessed
Mother, Father Joseph and Schoenstatt have always been my guides.I
constantly enter the web page and I read the articles, which are very
interesting to me.Today, I read about the encounter of the youth with
the Pope in Madrid.I wish I could be there, I hope to make this trip, I
offered capital of grace for this.A few days ago I had surgery for a
mass on the uterus.In spite of the many things they told me, obviously
all bad, I never lost faith and I did not allow this to disconnect me
from my love of God. I prayed strongly and during the operation I always
felt that God and the Blessed Mother's hand were with me telling me that
everything was going to be all right.The operation was a success and my
uterus is intact so that someday I will be able to form a family. I
thank God for the wonders that He gives me day by day and although at
times I feel that I can't go on, the Blessed Mother guides me and allows
me to continueto be close to Her. Congratulations for your web page and
continue...Greetings, Y. (Ecuador)/

With my prayers and greetings from the Original Shrine,

Sister Kornelia

Today's photos:
http://schoenstatt.myphotoalbum.com/add_complete.php?set_albumName=album666

--