[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings December 2011 - From Bellavista, Chile

Covenant Greetings kd1645-covenant-greetings at mail.mchosting.eu
Tue Dec 20 20:23:21 CET 2011

I am very sorry I am sending this Covenant greeting out on the following
day, but I had a very busy 18^th !Our Covenant Day was celebrated with a
Mass at 11:30 a.m. con-celebrated by three priests: Father José Manuel
López, Father Francisco Pereira, and Father Andrés Larraín.Along with
renewing our Covenant, we remembered Father Hernán Allesandri, who
departed to the house of the Father on December 18, 2007.In the homily,
Father Andrés recalled the fruitfulness of his life, such as: his
following the voice of God, his founding the very fruitful work of María
Ayuda, (Mary Helps) which is now in twelve cities providing
unconditional love to so many people.Father Andés asked us to remember
the phrase from the Gospel, "Nothing is impossible with God." He asked
us to renew our covenant with the confidence that this Christmas, Jesus
would be born in our hearts, and He will give us his abundant peace,
joy, and unconditional love.

We went in procession to the Shrine, where we renewed our Covenant of
love united to the Original Shrine, our nation's twenty Shrines, and all
the Shrines allover the entire world that renewed their covenant
today.The "telescope" that unites us to the Original Shrine was
installed.A crystal shrine was exhibited, where "we will be filling the
jars with our talents, our gratitude, and giving of self, our
repentance, and desire" symbolized on different cards that are inserted
in a slot.The Pilgrim MTA's, which come every month to get filled with
graces, were raised.

At 8:00 p.m., the 18^th was celebrated for the first time on the grounds
of the future Shrine in La Dehesa, with a good number of participants.
There are plans for new shrines also in Colina, in Curicó, in Punta
Arenas...

On December 12^th , we received the sad news that Hildegard Brand, a
member of the Institute of Our Lady of Schoenstatt, had departed to the
house of the Father.She had a holy death giving herself to God until the
last moment for the Schoenstatt Work.She died on the same date as her
course sister, Astrid, who had convinced her to come to Chile, and on
the same day that Father Kentenich had given the Unity Cross to their
institute in Stuttgart.She worked for some years at the Pontifical
Seminary, with Father Benjamín Pereira, and then her work and dedication
was key in the construction of the Shrine of Campanario, which is
celebrating its 20^th Anniversary today, and in the construction of the
Holy Trinity Church.

On December 12^th , we also celebrated the 30^th Anniversary of Father
Carlos Cox's priesthood; he is the Rector of the National Shrine of
Maipú.During the beautiful Mass, which last one and a half hours, events
from his very fruitful priesthood were recalled.

?On March 25^th a new Shrine will be consecrated in Ciudad de
Quillota.It is almost finished, and the Family is preparing to attend
the inauguration all together.

I just finished reading our Schoenstatt.org, information bulletin very
carefully, and I am in awe to see how life is flourishing in different
places.Father Antonio Cosp gave an excellent report about Schoenstatt
life in Paraguay, and we can see Our Mother and Queen's fruits of love
throughout the country.The different places that were mentioned:Houston,
Panama, Washington, Italy, Germany...make our hearts burn.Courage!
Father José María, with the work toward 2014!

?
Cristina Quiroz de Tagle.

?P.S.I do not know about computers to send photos.Sorry...

--
www.schoenstatt.org
info at schoenstatt.org