[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings April 2011

M. Kornelia Fischer mkf at schoenstatt.org
Tue Apr 19 23:39:27 CEST 2011

A little late, but heartfelt and from the Shrine of Memholz, in southern
Germany:Happy Covenant Day with our beloved MTA and withall her
allies.There are 42 18th's to the centenary of the Covenant of Love, 41
days to go, physically or spiritually, along with all the Schoenstatt
Family to the Original Shrine to renew the Covenant of Love in its
creative, missionary strength andinternationally inner-connected
attached, that is, in the spirit of 2014.

"The 18th of every month is not only a day of remembrance for us,
rather, it is also and above all a day of renewal, a day in which we
renew the Covenant of Love that the Blessed Mother sealed in Schoenstatt
on October 18, 1914 and who returns to seal it now with us inserting our
giving of self into that first covenat", said Father Kentenich in
conference about the Covenant of Love in Nueve Helvecia, Uruguay. And he
continued saying:"A few days ago a man from Montevideo came to the
Shrine with a large bouquet of flowers.I asked him why he came here.He
replied that he wanted to seal the Covenant of Love with the Mater ter
Admirabilis.I see you and thousands of people, who through time will
come on pilgrimage to this Shrine, symbolized in this man (...)All of
those who are here should feel united by the attachment of the Covenant
of Love, I could almost say that we should be the "bouquet of flowers"
for the Blessed Mother.Now, let us go with confidence to her Shrine to
implore these graces.I repeat, with much confidence, since the measure
of grace that we receive depends on Her....Let us think again abpit the
bouquet of flowers.The spiritual bouquet that we offer Mary should be
formed by a great and unconquerable confidence, through the profound
desire of being sheltered in God, through the willingness to be
interiorly transformed and for the serious effort of being defenders of
good and noble things..."

With this confidence and "united by the attachment of the Covenant of
Love, during this Holy Week, hundreds and hundreds of youth departed and
continue to departto go on mission -- accompanied by the prayers of many
members of our large Schoenstatt Family, Via Facebook and via our
international web page schoenstatt.orgwe received a request to unite in
prayer for the missions in Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, Italy,
Uruguay and Paraguay, as well as the reponse of so many countries that
can be summarized in a phrase:"Everyone united in the missions".This is
the reality of the Covenant of Love, which makes us a missionary
family...During the Mass in preparation for 2014, which wascelebrated
for Iceland last Saturday, Father José María García invited everyone to
unite in prayer with the young missionaries of our Movement, in their
effort to take Christ and the MTA to so many people.

This experience of feeling united to a covenant network forms an
essential part of the pilgrimage toward 2014.We want to express this
experience in a truly touching moment at the opening of the Year of the
Shrine Current on the eve of October 18th, at 9:00 p.m. (time at the
Original Shrine).In Schoenstatt, The group of pilgrims from the various
shrines meet shortly before 9 p.m. on the streets leading to the
Original Shrine and wait for one another. Then all move at the same time
towards the Original Shrine where flambeau torches, fires and lights are
simultaneously enkindled. The bell at the Original Shrine will ring out
and the bells of the surrounding shrines will join in as we pray our
Pilgrimage Prayer 2014: "With great joy we start out on our pilgrimage
to your shrine ..."

At the same moment flambeau torches, fires or candles, can be lit at all
shrines, wayside shrines, chapels, home shrines and heart shrines
throughout the world ... as a sign of unity with the Original Shrine, as
a greeting to the Original Shrine, and as an expression of the life and
grace flowing back from all the shrines.

This moment when the earth is encircled by a network of lights and fire
can be seen from aeroplanes and the international space station. The
fire from the fire at the Original Shrine has reached the boundaries of
the earth. It is a visible reality and can change the world. With its
flambeau torch each shrine throughout the world greets the Original Shrine.

The other day,a young German girl -- who just returned from a three week
trip to Argentina and Chile, who experienceda trip from Shrine to Shrine
as family -- commented:"Maybe I will be at the Metro in Munich at that
time, returning from work.Internally I will light a candle...and perhaps
at that moment some strnager who is traveling on the same train will
also do it, and two heart shrines will meet...How exciting!!!"

In the joy of the reality of this Covenant of Love I greet you from this
daughter Shrine, where last night we unitedourselves to the Original
Shrine and to all the Shrines, wayside shrines, and home shrines of the
world, I wish you a very blessed Holy Week,

Sister Kornelia

We hope to carry out the definitive transition of our international web
page to the new site: www.schoenstatt.org
<http://www.schoenstatt.org/>during the week after Easter.This means
that schoenstatt.de will cease to function as the international web page
although there will still be a link for some time that will direct to
schoenstatt.org.It is an Easter gift to be able to continue this more
international site with the same spirit!!As of now, we count on your
prayers to see this long awaited desire become concrete.

Do you want to experience the Covenant Mass of April 18th in the
Original Shrine?Celebrant:

Msgr. Dr. Peter Wolf -
http://schoenstatt-tv.de/DE/Mediathek.html?film=2011-017

*Meditations for Holy Week: *