[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings

M. Kornelia Fischer sr.kornelia at schoenstatt.de
Sun Sep 19 21:59:01 CEST 2010

Happy Covenant Day!  I just returned from the Original Shrine, where
along with about 700 pilgrims from the Archdiocese of Freiburg (in
southern Germany) and many more people - among them families from all of
Germany, members of the General Chapter of the Sisters of Mary, youth
from Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Mexico, deacons and seminarians
from Congo, Burundi, India and Nigeria -we renewed the Covenant of Love,
in the light of hundreds of candles, in the darkness of an autumn night
full of stars
...Within a month, at the same time, we will again surround the Original
Shrine with candles in hand:  on October 17th, on the eve of October
18th, when those who have the privilege of being here will initiate the
triennium of the preparation for 2014 along with our Father...and as a
Family, we will begin  the large pilgrimage towards the Original Shrine
and Rome.
On this night we consciously remember everyone who is renewing their
Covenant of love on this 18th  at some Shrine, wayside shrine,
Homeshrine or heart shrine.

It was the highlight of a day filled with life, joy and commitment
around the Original Shrine.  It began early in the morning with the Mass
in preparation for 2014, celebrated in covenant with Schoenstatt in Cote
d'Ivoire, in África. Families from all of Germany gathered hours later
in the Shrine of Families to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the House
of Families.  Some youth became actors in a video which will be offered
before October 18th to everyone for the opening of the triennium.  At
noon the pilgrims from Freiburg arrived...Only the Blessed Mother knows
about all the activities around her Shrines and wayside shrines, and all
the madness of missionary love on this day...30 youth from Germany on
their second mission in this country (happy to be bearers of the return
stream...) youth from Uruguay on their Mary's Crusade, so many
missionaries, who are still celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the
Rosary Campaign...

We are still in the special week in which we recall the anniversary of
Father Kentenich's death, in this centenary year of his priestly
ordination and on the eve of the beginning of the year of the Father
current, as the first year of the triennium to 2014.  I want to share
part of the Covenant Letter from Father Javier Arteaga, Director of the
Schoenstatt Movement in Argentina with everyone, in which he perfectly
summarizes the grace and the challenge of the time we are living:

/For this "gift of God" who is Father Kentenich, we give thanks to the
Lord.  That is fine, *but it is not enough. *I believe that only giving
thanks to God for having gifted us with such a great priest, father and
founder is not enough, it is not worthy of a spiritual child of Father
Kentenich.  He would tell us:  thank you, but *what part of my task are
you going to assume today, in your time?  What aspect of my mission are
you going to embody in your atmosphere?  "You, in your own way, can help
me carry out the responsibility and share the mission of the Family"
*// (Father. J. K., 31 of May 1949). ///

/Beloved brothers and sisters, next *October 18th, we will begin the
triennium on the way to 2014* and we will do it together as a Family
with the Founding Father.  Just as the *Founding Father* was at the
beginning of the Schoenstatt history in the same way this year we want
to take his hand to *travel with him and like him through these 3 years
until* we reach the jubilee of 2014. *With him and like him, with his
same spirit and attitudes*, like new prophets of Mary bulding our time
for God, renewing (our world) with a family spirit, we want to reach
2014 and in this way celebrate *one hundred years of a living Covenant.
"Yes, Father, we go with you!"*///

On October 17, in Schoenstatt, we will go on pilgrimage from the
Adoration Church towards the Original Shrine, where we will respond to
the Blessed Mother and Father Kentenich (that is how a young man
expressed it, obviously thinking about the Crusade of the Andes):
"Schoenstatt 2014 - Onward!"  Or rather:  Nothing without me, nothing
without us!  On the pilgrimage we want to take everyone who is
spiritually on pilgrimage with us towards the Original Shrine on that
night and who in this way want to give the first step of their
"pilgrimage 2014".  We want to name the Shrines of the world not only to
pray:  From all the wayside shrines of the world - we go on pilgrimage
to you...

Here, at the moment of speaking about this subject, the idea, which may
be a bit crazy, emerged among some youth and couples that everyone
should be invited to send -a photo or the name -of the Shrine, wayside
shrine the Homeshrine, the work shrine, the heartshrine if they want to
be present to say to the Blessed Mother, Father, the Original Shrine,
and to the entire international family:  Nothing without me, nothing
without us...

/This pilgrimage will be transmitted live via Schoenstatt-TV/

/ (7.30 -- 10.00 German time). /

How wonderful to imagine that on October 18th, from so many shrines,
wayside shrines, places of work...we will begin the spiritual pilgrimage
that will take us to October 18, 2014, to receive the "grace 2014" in
the renewal of the Covenant of Love in its creative missionary strength
attached and internationally interconnected...As fruit of this renewal
of the Covenant of Love we hope for the renewal of the entire
Schoenstatt Family and a worldwide Covenant culture.

And to think that all of this begins with the first step that we will
take on October 17th/18th...each one from his/her Shrine, in his/her own
way, in his/her Covenant.

United in the Covenant of Love, I greet you from the Original
Shrine with gratitude for all your commitment to schoenstatt.de

Sister Kornelia

Videos de hoy en la mediateca o aun el livestream de
www.schoenstatt-tv.de <http://www.schoenstatt-tv.de/>
Informaciones sobre 2014 hay también en:
http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/en/k2014.htm
<http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/es/centenario.htm>

--
www.schoenstatt.de