[Kd1645-covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings June 2010

M. Kornelia Fischer sr.kornelia at schoenstatt.de
Sat Jun 19 11:19:38 CEST 2010

**

*There are only 50 more 18th's until the great day of graces, October
18, 2014! Day by day Schoenstatt is filling up with priests from all the
priestly communites and friends of the Movement, on the eve of the great
international journey of priests that will be celebrated between June
21st-23rd -- about a week from the solemn close of the Year of Priest
and before the centenary of the the ordination of Father Joseph
Kentenich on July 8th of this year. On June 20th, the Schoenstatt Family
from Germany celebrated the centennary of the ordination of Father, held
a large celebration ahead of time. The milestone was the Holy Mass with
Cardinal Claudio Hummes, Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy, who
came from Rome to honor the priestly life of our Father and Founder. He
was the Archbishop of *São Paulo and almost 2 years ago he was present
in the Shrine of Rome during the celebration of the 60th Anniversary of
the Founder's death. Before he left * *São Paulo, the Schoenstatt Family
had given him a picture of the Blessed Mother, which he crowned as Queen
of Priests.

The large majority of the priests who arrived and who continue to arrive
at Schoenstatt during these days, are also coming from Rome, from a
truly blessed week for the Church as well as for Schoenstatt. We could
be witnesses of the great encounters of our Holy Father with the 17,000
priests via TV and Internet. It was the largest encounter of priests
celebrated in Rome in the history of the Church. Part of the official
program for the closing of the Year of Priests in Rome, was the
encounter called "Priests Today", organized by the priests of the
Focolare and Schoenstatt Movements. It was incredible to hear the words
of Father Kentenich before thousands of priests, of bishops and
cardinals; to hear the song"Like the Pelican", enthoned and danced by a
musical group, Gen Verde, of Focolares, knowing that it was inspired by
a text of Father; to hear the authentic and touching testimonies of
Schoenstatt priests, to see our bishops -- Cardinal Errázuriz, Monsignor
Sanna...I don't think that a Schoenstatt activity had ever been
published in so many media outlets...was the subject of converstation of
many bishops, many reporters. It was a daring step and fruitful step in
public, perhaps the largest of Schoenstatt within the Church. It was a
gift worthy of the Father and Prophet on the eve of the centennary of
his priestly ordination.

*http://cmsms.schoenstatt.de/en/schoenstatt-news/year-for-priests---100th-anniversary-of-father-kentenich-s-ordination.htm

***

*As a highlight, today, precisely on June 18th, the regional newspaper
of Koblenz (which is not precisely known for its friendship with
Schoenstatt or the Church) published ant entire page about Father, and
furthermore, it was excellent!*

*In gratitude for all of this, we went on pilgrimage today, from early
to night, to the Original Shrine. Since early, during the Mass at 7:15
a.m., Samuel and Corina Madrid Páez from Argentina, experienced the joy
of the renewal of the Covenant of Love in the Orginal Shrine. They had
been in Schoenstatt five years ago, and they were very happy to be here
again and on the 18th! Throughout the day, the Blessed Mother was never
alone, and at nne o'clock at night, after the Covenant Mass of the
German Movement, we gathered around the Original Shrine to renew the
Covenant of Love united to all of you in the Shrines, wayside shrines of
the entire world.*

*It could not be any other way, several youth and some not so young were
seen with the t-shirts from their respective national soccer teams --
the Mexicans and the Argentineans as strong candidates for the world
championship, the Germans, a little in mourning (and of course the
Spanish...) **Although the initiative of the Schoenstatt Family from
Paraguay went further: /"We invite everyone who wants to encourage our
soccer team in a different way to watch the game at Tuparenda at 7:30
a.m. and to share the Eucharist at 9:20 a.m. /**/We hope to contribute
the love and giving of self of our players during the offertory and to
pray for their families. After Mass at the Pilgrims' House we will go on
pilgrimage to the Shrine for the final blessing and to burn the capital
of grace"./*

*The 25th Anniversary of the death of John Pozzobon, who began the
Schoenstatt Rosary Campaign, will be Sunday, June 27th. A simple and
beautiful sign that is worthy to be stressed: the youth from the Girls'
and Boys' Youth from Germany asked for the third International Auxiliary
Shrine for the weekend, when they will meet to prepare for the MISSIONS,
the second to be carried out in Germany!*

*On June 26th, the Mass "towards 2014" in the Original Shrine
(celebrated in Covenant with Burundi) we will especially remember John
Pozzobon and all the missionaries of the Campaign!*

*Greetings from the Orginal Shrine, *

*Sister Kornelia*

Photos June 18 in Schoenstatt -
http://schoenstatt.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album599