[covenant-greetings] Covenant Greetings

M. Kornelia Fischer sr.kornelia at schoenstatt.de
Tue Jul 20 10:52:12 CEST 2010

Happy Covenant Day, one day late! For the first time in years I was not
in Schoenstatt on the 18th since I was on a trip to Memhölz, in southern
Germany, to celebrate the centenary of Father's priestly ordination,
which was commemorated along with 500 people with the motto: Your
charisma, our strength.

A team of families and youth prepared a beautiful celebration with great
commitment; it was a warm and family celebration for the "Father,
Prophet and Priest". There were many workshops about the different
traits of his charisma. One of the most touching moments was listening
to the choir of youth - from the different dioceses of southern Germany
and Switzerland -- sing a song to the Father and Prophet, it was sung
directly to : "Father Kentenich, our Father and Prophet, your charisma,
our strength. You work though all times through the people, who with
their hand in your hand, their heart in your heart -- sow eternity". It
was a song composed for the opening of the triennium in preparation for
2014, which,within three months, on October 18th, begins a year centered
on the Father current...

On October 18th, from all the shrines, from every wayside shrine,
chapel, Homeshrine, Work Shrine and Heartshrine we want to take the
first step on this great pilgrimage of the people that will lead all of
us together to the Original Shrine on October 18, 2014 and from there to
Rome -- bearing in our hands missionary projects and in our hearts the
Covenant of Love strengthened by the Father current, the current of the
Shrine and the missionary current.

From every Shrine, we are going to tell the Original Shrine: Nothing
without you, Original Shrine, nothing without us, Family of the
Dominican Republic, the Philippines, Costa Rica, Congo, Canada, Cuba,
Russia, Lithuania...Galápagos Islands, Memhölz, Pehuajó...in a word, of
each and every one of the five continents.

Father Kentenich's conference on the occasion of his Silver Anniversary
of his ordination in 1935 resonated in the homily and in several of the
workshops during the celebration in Memhölz -- with the presence of
representatives from seven nations! During this conference gratitude was
expressed for everyone who along with him built Schoenstatt -- those who
are already in heaven, those who are alive, the future generations, who
will one day give their all for Schoenstatt. One can only think: These
"future generations" of that time are here and many. many others from
other places of the world!

In any case, you were present in my prayers and capital of grace in
Memhölz, from where I once again united myself spiritually to all of you
gathered at the Shrines, wayside shrines, Homeshrines, and Heartshrines.
Although it was not at the Original Shrine, you participated in the
graces and blessing that the MTA and Father shed during each special
celebration. Furthermore, before departing, I entrusted all your
petitions to the MTA in the Original Shrine and to Father in his tomb.

And now from the Original Shrine, I bid you farewell imploring the MTA
and Father for abundant graces for each one of you, Sister Kornelia

--
www.schoenstatt.de
www.schoenstatt-mta.org